Sunday, January 22, 2012

JANUARY AGAIN!

      OK, so we are 22 days into our fitness goals for 2012.....How is it going?  Even if you are an avid fitness fanatic, set a new goal!  HERE IS THE TRUTH, IT TAKES AT LEAST 4 WEEKS FOR YOU TO NOTICE THE POSITIVE CHANGES YOU HAVE MADE,  in 8 weeks your friends will begin to notice, in 12 weeks the changes will be visible for the whole world to see.  GIVE it 12 WEEKS, AND DON'T QUIT.   Wherever you are in this journey refuse to give up!!! I believe in fitness for life, anyone can make positive changes no matter what stage or phase of life you are in.  I will be listing ideas, tips and encouragement weekly on this blog.  I want to see you attain and MAINTAIN your personal best.  I write plans for every age, and recently my 69 and 72 year old parents asked me what they could do as far as exercise goes.  They have bad backs, arthritis and so on.  Here is what I suggested to start, watch this video: 

     We were actually shopping when we shot this video.   I will keep you updated on their fitness journey.  I told them to start with something they enjoy and increase the duration every day by a minute.  Dancing is good for body and mind.   Choose something you enjoy to get you started.   Make it fun!!


FOOD TIP:  Dr. Oz is always telling us to eat our steel cut oats every day.  I love Dr. Oz and his advice is some of the best, but I also realize that average Americans do not have the resources and/or time to follow ALL of his advice.  But here is a way to follow this one....the crock pot.   Put your steel cuts in the crock pot the night before and they will be good to go in the morning! At my house, mornings are crazy, teenage girls, lunches, backpacks, and me rushing out the door with programs and choreography.  BREAKFAST IS SOOOO IMPORTANT....TRY THIS ONE...tell me what you think...

EXERCISE RX:  NO TIME FOR THE GYM, get out your imaginary jump rope, do some push ups, body weighted squats and lunges or dance it out!  No excuses, get moving! 


WHO WILL GIVE ME 12 WEEKS, AND NOT QUIT????

    

No comments:

Post a Comment